Inspiration Week 4

My inspiration this week comes from my co-worker and friend Jeannette.   It was her foresight to have the Library of Congress come to Alaska to teach people from all over the state on digital preservation (for free!).

I was lucky enough to be asked by her to help set up this training.   Because of her I was able to meet a lot of interesting people here in Fairbanks and other cool places across the state like Igiugig.   Because of her I learned more about travel process, event planning, grant processing, working with local businesses, and was able to enjoy the fun and challenges to this undertaking.   If that wasn’t enough, she brought tears to my eyes when she informed me she asked that I be recognized along side her for our hard work and effort at the Golden Heart Gala that was held Wednesday night.   20140214_180229   At the Gala I learned a lot about all the volunteers and ambassadors of our Golden Heart City.   It was humbling, yet very informative about all the events that take place here in our little town and I recommend everyone check out this web link:   https://www.explorefairbanks.com/

I will cherish my award for more reasons than what was listed in the program!

Student & Employee at UAF. A mom of a family consisting of a cool kid, rock'n dog (soon to be two), and my man of 22 years. I like to do as much outdoor activities as possible and rarely know what is playing in the movie theater. I'm looking forward to learning InD like the back of my hand.
2 comments
  1. Congrats.. Sounds like a wonderful experience that you will cherish forever.