Job 1

Lowe_CIOS233_buscard

Hello, my name is Michael and I have been here in Fairbanks for approximately five years.  I came to this great state by way of the United States Air Force.  I planned to make the Air Force a career but while in I was serving, I sustained some injuries that forced me to leave the Air Force after my six year stint.  These injuries left me disabled and caused me to reevaluate what I was going to do with the rest of my life.  For years I had defined myself by what I could do physically but now I found myself needing to be redefined by more than my physicality.  This major perspective change, or paradigm shift, in my life was one that put me on the path I am on today.  In response to my perspective changing, I aimed myself at school and began college at UAF in the Fall of 2008.   Last semester, I finished my first degree in Alaska Native Studies and I am waiting to start graduate school in Cross Cultural Studies in the fall.

Throughout my life I have worked with computers.   Since the early 1990’s I have been building and working with mostly PC’s. Since I almost exclusively used PC’s, I did not use Adobe products for graphical or website design.   It has only been recently that I have begun to look at the Adobe suite and want to learn how it works.   I know throughout this class I will have times that are both enlightening and frustrating as I compare the software that I currently use versus the Adobe suite of software.

1 comment
  1. Nice placement of your text block to be in-line with your logo. I’m hopeful that you’ll find InDesign has more options for design layout and I’m glad to know you are giving it a chance.