Job 12 Transparency – Haley Holland

I had trouble with this assignment, and I told Heidi when I submitted the draft. The blending modes I was using on the different objects weren’t doing anything to the objects. I managed to get three different images but they don’t look anything like the images supplied for examples on the assignment page (the green ones). Still don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

I live in North Pole with my husband and three daughters, ages 1, 4 and 6. I am interested in becoming a graphic designer (after spending the last four years going to school for accounting, ugh! Never thought I would be one to change my mind like that). InDesign and Photoshop seemed natural classes to take for the field I wish to go into.
3 comments
  1. I am working on this tonight. Other than being a little fuzzy, I think your shapes look cool! I am a bit worried now though–if you are having issues, I most assuredly will too! My fingers are crossed!!

2. Wow, I love that first one! I had trouble with applying the effects as well. At first I wondered if it had something to do with how I duplicated the original three shapes. If you find an answer/solution, and time allows, would you post it? thanks.

3. Ginny, I realized after this draft that I was making the process a whole lot more complicated than I needed to. With my second try I created all three objects on the same layer than used the selection tool to select all three, right-clicked and copied/duplicated them (I think… or I went up to Edit > Copy and then Pasted them, I can’t remember. When I had finished arranging them I was able to select separate objects with the selection tool and adjust the blending modes. Or I selected two by using Command+Click (I’m on a Mac) and changed the modes of two of them.