Haley Holland Job 10

This is my assignment 10: I have worked with tables in Excel for a few years now so I have some experience. Given the time I can make some pretty awesome tables, but this one was a simple assignment. I think I did well, chose an appropriate graphic and created a table that I would use on a regular basis. I use a different exercise log at the moment, one that is black and white and lists weeks through August 2013 (I like lots of info on one page).

I had a lot of trouble exporting this assignment and I exported it 5 times before realizing it wasn’t going to let me get the second page in. So I deleted the first page and exported it again, which allowed me to get the second page. Anyone else have trouble with this? I’m not sure what I was doing wrong but I used different settings and still couldn’t get it.

For the second part of the assignment I chose this table:

It’s from https://zeoinc.com/zar-min10.html and I chose it because I liked the colors it used. The blue and different shades of gray really help the lettering to pop, and I think the white text on dark background looks good. It really packs a lot of information into one tiny table! It’s one of the tables that lists information on the “Effect of Prenatal Zeolite Diet on Newborn Pigs.” Interesting…

I live in North Pole with my husband and three daughters, ages 1, 4 and 6. I am interested in becoming a graphic designer (after spending the last four years going to school for accounting, ugh! Never thought I would be one to change my mind like that). InDesign and Photoshop seemed natural classes to take for the field I wish to go into.
4 comments
  1. This is great! I like the graphic on there and the colors as well. The simplicity makes it very readable and evokes a calmness with the color scheme you chose.

2. I like your table, the pleasing elements combine to provide what looks like a motivating and fun to use tool to record activity!

3. I like your graphic element and the colors help separate the information.

4. Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupon it 😉
    I will revisit yet again since I saved as a favorite it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you
    be rich and continue to help other people.