Job05 Typography

Abduzeedo is a collection of visual inspiration and useful tutorials”

This blog posts so much user submitted inspiration that it’s almost overwhelming, but I’m drawn to it…I think perhaps because it’s out of my comfort zone. Typography Mania is a feature of the ┬áblog that posts weekly, on Wednesday.

I’ve included a few lines from the blog to let it explain itself…

“Abduzeedo is a blog about design. There are all sorts of articles for those who want to look for inspiration. Also you will find very useful tutorials for the most used applications out there, with a special selection of Photoshop Tutorials and Illustrator Tutorials”.

“One of the goals of Abduzeedo is to be an open channel to the design community, encouraging feedback”

“Typography Mania is a weekly post series…with the best of Typography design work from the web…”

Updated to add one more link… Type design trends 2012

4 comments
  1. What a great site! I agree that it is a bit overwhelming–there is so much information. It also seems that typography is ever-evolving as people come up with new designs and whatnot. I cannot believe how large font lists are as default options in most programs and you can download more on top of that. Maybe I am just a simple creature but New Times Roman and Calibri always served me well and I likely will continue to use those two. Great post!

2. Wow, I agree with overwhelming, but definitely inspiring. I looked at this week’s typography mania and was particularly fond of the “watermelon font” in “work hard, play hard” or of the design of “Mens retreat 2012”. I do wonder how people come up with all their ideas. It appears I am going to have to squeeze harder to get my creative juices flowing. I wonder if practice makes more creative or if creativity is just either there or not?

3. The “Type Design Trends for 2012” is great, and so is the whole blog, I signed up right away. Thanks for posting!

4. good finds – I also will be referring back to these resources.